Innovator Award Program
The Innovator Award Program was created in 2017 to catalyze collaborative research for innovation and discovery within ISB. This internal program is designed to support novel research ideas that cut across disciplines and research groups. Through this program, highly motivated researchers within ISB will have an opportunity to apply for a one-year funding award that will support high-risk, high-reward projects.
Program Details and Focus Areas
- Projects must support interactions between research groups within ISB.
- The funding duration for this award is one year.
- A total of $150,000 is available to fund up to three innovative projects that have the potential to be transformational in addressing critical scientific challenges or impediments.
- Projects that address challenges in the focus areas below will be given priority.
Any individual currently employed by ISB with the skills, knowledge and resources to carry out the proposed work is invited to submit an application – limit one – for consideration. Applicants applying for the “concept to classroom” focus area must partner with the ISB Education team (Logan Center or Systems Education Experiences).
Application and Review Process
The window for submitting applications for the 2019 Innovator Award Program is now closed.
- January 18, 2019: Focus areas announced and application is open
- January 23, 2019: Innovator Award Q&A (Research in Progress)
- February 8, 2019: Last day to send notification of intent
- February 26, 2019: Deadline to complete the administrative components
- March 1, 2019: Application deadline
- March 20, 2019: Application review complete
- March 22, 2019: Awardees announced
- March 29, 2019: Human Subjects Determination Form must be completed
- April 1, 2019: Program start
- July 1 2019, Q1 progress report due
- October 7, 2019, Q2 progress report due
- October 9, 2019, Mid Award Presentation
- January 6, 2020, Q3 progress report due
- May 1, 2020, Q4 progress report due
- Date TBD, Final presentation
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.