Innovator Award Program
The Innovator Award Program was created in 2017 to catalyze collaborative research for innovation and discovery within ISB. This internal program is designed to support novel research ideas that cut across disciplines and research groups. Through this program, highly motivated researchers within ISB will have an opportunity to apply for a one-year funding award that will support high-risk, high-reward projects.
- Projects must support interactions between research groups and cut across research disciplines within ISB.
- The funding duration for this award is one year.
- We will fund up to three innovative projects, with a cap of $65,000 for scientific research projects and $35,000 for education projects.
- We are not including specific focus areas this year. Instead, we have provided you with several provocative questions to help frame your proposals.
Any individual (except faculty members) currently employed by ISB with the skills, knowledge and resources to carry out the proposed work is invited to submit an application – limit one – for consideration. Applicants developing an education-focused proposal must partner with the ISB Education team (Logan Center or Systems Education Experiences).
Application and Review Process
We are no longer accepting proposals for the 2020 Innovator Award Program.
- January 24, 2020: Application process opens
- January 29, 2020: Innovator Award Q&A
- February 7, 2020: Last day to send notification of intent
- February 25, 2020: Deadline to complete the administrative components
- March 2, 2020: Application deadline
- March 18, 2020: Application review complete
- March 20, 2020: Awardees announced
- March 27, 2020: If required, the Human Subjects Determination Form must be completed
- April 1, 2020: Program start
- April 17, 2020: Kick off presentations
- July 6 2020, Q1 progress report due
- October 5, 2020, Q2 progress report due
- October 19, 2020, Mid Award Presentation
- January 6, 2021, Q3 progress report due
- May 3, 2021, Q4 progress report due
- Date TBD, Final presentation