Innovator Award Program
The Innovator Award Program was created in 2017 to catalyze collaborative research for innovation and discovery within ISB. This internal program is designed to support novel research ideas that cut across disciplines and research groups. Through this program, highly motivated researchers within ISB will have an opportunity to apply for a one-year funding award that will support high-risk, high-reward projects. For an overview of the program, view the program flyer.
- Projects must cut across research disciplines with significant participation from at least two faculty groups.
- The funding duration for this award is one year.
- We will fund up to three innovative projects, with a cap of $50,000 (budgets up to $65,000 will be considered with a strong justification).
Any individual (except faculty members) currently employed by ISB with the skills, knowledge and resources to carry out the proposed work is invited to submit an application – limit one – for consideration. Applicants developing an education-focused proposal must partner with the ISB Education team (Logan Center or Systems Education Experiences).
Application and Review Process
- January 13, 2021: Innovator Award Q&A
- January 25, 2021: Application process opens
- February 1, 2021: Letter of Intent due
- February 8, 2021: Last day to send notification of intent
- February 26, 2021: Deadline to complete the administrative components
- April 5, 2021: Application deadline
- April 19, 2021: Application review complete
- April 20, 2021: Awardees announced
- May 3, 2021: Program start
- May 6, 2021: Kick off presentations
- August 2, 2021, Q1 progress report due
- November 1, 2021, Q2 progress report due
- November 15, 2021, Mid Award Presentation
- February 1, 2022, Q3 progress report due
- April 15, 2022, Q4 progress report due
- May 16, 2022, Q4 progress report due
- Date TBD, Final presentation